D4 is a software studio in Birmingham, with customers all over the UK and further afield.
We currently deliver software projects and offer consultancy in product design, UX and performance optimisation.
We’re now searching for a full-time Mid-level Software Engineer to join our growing team.
You might be just starting out or looking for your second job - either way you’ll have built or contributed to a few different projects and can demonstrate that.
Over the next few years we’ll be moving from a client/agency model into being a multiple SaaS product provider, where products we’ve built will account for a majority of our revenue. We recently hired a marketer as we position ourselves to grow in the future. Exciting times!
That means you’ll work on software projects for clients and our own in-house products:
- QueryTree: a visual reporting tool for startups and agencies
- SQLizer: a database migration tool for developers (currently at ~10,000 unique customers per month)
- Secret New Thing: a new product we’re launching in the coming months
We aim to be a top provider of tools for startups and developers around the world.
For our own projects and products you’re free to use the best tool for the job, but typically that means: C#, Go, and Python. These are our ‘go-to’ languages.
We use multiple cloud hosting solutions including AWS, GAE and Azure — this isn’t a DevOps role, but a working knowledge of these services would be helpful.
Our ‘secret sauce’ is the carefully refined process we’ve developed in over 20 years of building for the web.
We constantly iterate and improve this process which covers the end-to-end project lifecycle from sales to support.
Don’t think ‘red tape’, it’s more like ‘paved roads’ that help you get things done more quickly and to a higher quality.
- Develop new features for products, making sure your code stacks up to our standards
- Test any code changes you make, minimising bugs (and headaches)
- Give non-techies a hand every now and then through support tickets (we all do this)
- Nothing stays the same forever so you need to be willing to continually learn about new tools, techniques and technologies and apply them to this role
- Have ideas and don’t be afraid to share them!
As well as being able to write good, clean code you’ll need to be able to solve problems on a daily basis using your own initiative.
Where you’ll work
D4 is located in a beautiful listed building in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, close to the city centre but with plenty of quirky places nearby to shop & eat.
We operate a flexible working policy where the whole team has the option to work remotely for a proportion of their time and it’s not unusual for the office to be empty some days.
We use Slack & Hangouts to stay in touch during the day.
If you’re good, and you can prove yourself then even 100% remote is no problem.
If you’re smart, friendly and ❤️ building software — we want to hear from you.
Apply: with your CV & Github link (if available) to jobs (at) D4 Software (co .uk).
Recruiters: No recruiters please, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Thank you.