You love building new things. Most of what you’ll do each day is guiding, building and maintaining Zapier's core workflow engine. This is a full-stack position, so you’ll work in the Zapier codebase, backend and frontend tech, our developer platform and more. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, node.js and AWS. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like Memcache, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Docker, Redis, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and much more.
You have worked with teams before on large Python projects. You’re also familiar with frameworks for several languages like React/Backbone.js and/or Django/Flask. You also understand how to design systems in a distributed manner across hundreds (and even thousands) of servers - we deal with 100s of millions of API calls every week and growing fast.
You love shipping to customers. Your engineering projects will focus on understanding customers' needs and translating those needs from product specs into functional, production ready code. You'll have the opportunity to ship code daily that will be used by millions of people.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- You love to set your own course. You will have a team meeting and a one-on-one meeting every week where you can help direct the course of your projects. You'll have a direct impact on what we work on next.
For the past four years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe that credentials don't say everything. Our CTO has a finance degree. Our CEO has an engineering degree. Our CPO has a mechanical engineering degree. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
Things You'll Do
Zapier is a startup, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Help scale a fast growing and unique system - our workflow engine connects with hundreds of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features - directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth
If you want to work remote, that's cool. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. The Zapier Product Engineering team has members across the United States, Canada, and UK.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- 2-3 annual company retreats to awesome places
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year—this isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with the best software makers in the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from great companies.
Set your own destiny. Grow as an individual and professional.