Remote Year is a program for global professionals, during which we travel for a year with interesting people while working remotely (12 cities, 12 months). With a massive shift toward cloud / remote productivity, and a millennial passion for experiences and travel, Remote Year delivers a year-long work and travel experience.
The Remote Year Travel team owns all group travel across all Remote Year groups. This includes all flights, ground transport, and sea transport. The Junior Travel Planner supports the Travel Director and Travel Planners with the administration of all travel execution (pre-travel logistics, travel deviations etc.) This role can be based anywhere, and will involve regular weekend work.
- Search and calculate optimal routing and travel fares based on specific preferences
- Assist the execution of all Remote Year travel bookings (air, land, sea)
- Assist in pre-travel arrangements, including flight check-ins and seat selection
- Manage and reply to relevant travel change requests from Remotes directly
A background in one or more of the following: travel industry, hospitality and customer service, or material travel experience.
- Organization skills – excellent time management skills, ability to multitask
- Communications skills - ability to handle multiple, constant communication channels; ability to effectively communicate with program teams and with customers directly
- Data skills - amazing attention to detail and confidence in dealing with large amounts of numerical and non-numerical data
- Excel - high proficiency
- A confident level of written Spanish
- US timezone working hours
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience with Freshdesk